Sunday, November 11, 2007

Tomato Soup and Grilled Cheese

I woke up this morning to more lovely snow! It had already accumulated somewhat on the roofs and continued to snow all morning. There was never much accumulation on the street level, but it was beautiful to watch out my window. I visited a Baptist church at noon today and then spent the rest of the afternoon in the office working on upcoming assignments. Fortunately I wasn't the only one there (misery loves company) and I did manage to get a lot accomplished.

The snow meant it was also an ideal day for reading, so I spent a little time trying to make some headway in Vanity Fair. I started this book at Camp back in August, and I'm still not even half way done yet! I'm actually enjoying it, but it has been a slow read. I'm determined to finish it before Christmas - so be ready to discuss, Kate!

As perfect snow day food, I had tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches for dinner tonight (miss you, Becca!). And I listened to Christmas music. :-) The beauty of Germans not celebrating Thanksgiving, is that there is nothing to hold back the Christmas season! Christmas is in full swing here in Berlin and so I can indulge in Christmas music without compunction!

1 comment:

allisonfamily said...

We just got a snow report from Jack today ... it dropped about 4 or 5 inches in Bozeman last night. No word as to what he eats for snow food :-)

--The Allisons