Thursday, November 29, 2007

Miscellanea

It seems that Berliners must be genetically stronger, because it takes a Herculean effort to open a door here. Any door. In true German fashion, they are all built solid and heavy. If it doesn't open automatically for me, I have to physically lean backwards to get it open - no exaggeration. Well ok, the only doors that open easily are the ones to the mall… but perhaps that's no accident.

We had another yummy cultural dinner tonight. Kay organized a Thai food extravaganza at a local restaurant and it was delicious (beef curry, pad thai, and other things I can't pronounce, let alone spell). However, it has totally unmotivated me to do research for tomorrow's "hot topic" discussion on the talent crunch.

Yesterday I "decorated" my apartment for Christmas, meaning I put a string of lights around my window, a bowl of bulbs on my table, and purchased a poinsettia. Then conveniently I received a cute Christmas decoration from my aunt and uncle yesterday as well. In all, the effect is quite nice!

And finally, my new addictive website: http://www.freerice.com/.

2 comments:

Heather said...

That rice website is addicting! :) Miss you! Glad that all is going well!

Jacob said...

freerice is awesome, especially if you're a vocabulary geek :D